Friday, October 13, 2006

Tiny Tarzan growing in leaps and bounds!

Here is a reminder for all of you what "little" Mark looked like about three months ago! In this picture, Mark was only 2 days old...
...and this is him today! It is mind-boggling to me how much he has already grown and how quickly he is developing. Have I mentioned that I love that little guy?

I hope the title of this post hasn't disquieted anyone. Have no fear, Mark is neither swinging from tree to tree, nor is he wearing a leopard-print loind cloth(ok, got a mental image, that is just SO wrong!) or growing his hair out. No, no, no! Mark has discovered the Tarzan-call... meaning, he is currently experimenting with his VOICE, creating a range of calls/screams/screeches/squawks varying in VOLUME and PITCH. The results vary from cute little mosquito sounds to deafening screeching banchee. He decided to practice the "blood curdling scream" on the street car on the way home today... while SMILING and GIGGLING with delight during the intermissions. I think he knew that he was making those sounds ALL BY HIMSELF, which made it fun for him. The other passengers were probably wondering what the heck was wrong with my kid, or what I was doing to him... but Mark was just having a grand old time! He showed off some prime Tarzan calls while I was talking to Ben on the phone this evening. It made us both laugh.

Here Mark is playing with a rattle on the couch. I have found that Mark prefers the rattles with fairly subtle noises... one rattle that is very loud scared him into tears! He was shaking his arm, making it rattle, flinching every time it went "k-bang, k-bang," and then started crying.

Look, Mark is chilling on the couch with the kitty. He has a good hold on Merlin's tail! Doesn't look like the kitty minds though...

And here Mark is doing his best trying to eat his giraffe rattle. Aside from kicking while he plays, he also squirms from side to side like this, arching his back.




Ben is coming home soon! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Lub you Sweetie!

No comments: